Not Involved

Not Involved
(Inspired by Jhené Aiko's Remember off of Souled Out Album)

By Shaire Blythe
May 25, 2016

I'm still playing the role of clueless, but I remember that call
There was nothing you could do to stop her from being real
Reminded me of my own grandmother, I still miss her till this day
She told me everything that you felt the need to never say

Now I couldn't believe that this was true
I asked you point blank, one of the questions to get to know you
And you just lied, for no reason at all

What I'm starting to realize, they all think truth is avoidable
What they don't know, it's not
One day you will reap exactly what you sow
Keep moving forward, keep moving on
But it will come back one day
Bringing excuses, I am not involved
Not at all

So now you got me crying and yelling, taking me out of my zone
I don't recognize you or me
This has got to stop, must come to an end
Funny thing about it, if you would've been honest from the beginning, I still would've been down for you

How could you have known, you say
Guess that was just the risk you had to take
Cause now you got me straying away
I don't take kindly for lies and betrayal 
Not when I'm being real with you

Had I ever brought that bullshit?
Unless it was something you were doing
Trying to catch me with that sly shit, as if I didn't see the mess you were creating 
You weren't right, neither was I

Time passes by
Heard he wasn't yours
Same girl you were trying to keep out of my sight, she was playing you while you were playing me, 
Robbed you of that freedom
When all I wanted was to give you release from that type of bullshit and life

Keep the past that eats you alive
I don't need you, never have
But I sure did want you, even after all you dragged me through
That was my love then
Now it couldn't make a difference 
You won't find it
You won't find me
Keep on doing what you're doing
There's a whole lot of options to treat me the way you came to

Comments

Popular Posts