Not Where I'm Meant To Be

Not Where I'm Meant To Be
By Shaire Blythe

December 30, 2015

I am losing me
I watch the pieces disintegrate at my feet
Something that use to make me happy and free
It has no space here anymore

Days passing rapidly
Sometimes I don't know if I remember how to breathe
They stare, but do they truly know me
Trying to find my peace

In the air there's the difference
On my face you view the empty spaces
I'm going and gone

Take me back to where I belong
Caught in this trap
I've forgotten how to run
Run to what's more beautiful 
I was never sure
But I know this is not where I'm meant to be

Sacred parts of me
They took their leave long ago
I wish I knew that they were my own

But no, instead, I shared it all with empty dreams that came through
And they left me hoping, but they weren't focused 
My all given for nothing at all

And in the air I felt the tension
I knew what you knew
But I couldn't let go
I saw all potential in you

I'm supposed to be in arms that are surrounding
Comfort and protecting me
Any doubts you shut them down
But really mean 
I mean really mean what you say

Maybe it's all too much
Maybe I need to be alone
But still stay in touch
With the place that I call home

Comments

Popular Posts