Shift

Shift

By Shaire Blythe
January 9, 2016

Faded, I knew this too
If we could've made it, where would we be?

Painted beautiful pictures
I sat and watched you
You invited me in
Don't take it wrong when I say I didn't want to

Cause that was the beginning
You opened me up
Made me feel human
You showed me a love

Didn't feel the air shifting until we reached the end
I grasped on to all the words spoken
Can you remember them, cause I do
Can't make much sense of how they got tossed
But I'll share them with you, and see my way out

Focused, through and through
And I was hoping you would be the same too, just a dream

Perfect melodies written
Did you truly listen to me?
I welcomed you in
Don't take it wrong when I say I didn't want to

Cause that was the beginning
New, wild and free
Who knew someone could do this to me

No change, okay
We were both facing the same way, but our words couldn't seem to reach each other

Like we were on two different universes
I stayed and tried to fix things
But what's the point in fixing what was meant to be broken
But I was hoping...

Take it back to beginning
The Sparks were never ending

Comments

Popular Posts