Stupid Words


By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Stupid Words
 
Stupid words that got me on a breakdown,
Same words that made me spin around,
 
Here came a change, a chance to make up for losing,
Sick and tired of always losing,
After giving all I have, my strength and pride dives off track,
 
And you were so sure,
Sure the day you stepped outside that door,
No glancing back is what you’d say,
But from where I’m standing, you might have signed you love away,
 
Don’t be so brokenhearted when you see me on my own,
You lost your privilege of having me all alone,
Words go a million miles, But they’re nothing without some danger,
In love, and it sucked, We know you felt another way,
 
Stupid words that made me trust you,
Same words that I’d known I’d been lied to,
 
Wouldn’t have had it any other way, cause I’m seeing the light,
Kept trying to block it from my face, but I wasn’t doing it right,
 
They say that you seek medicine when all is wrong,
That must’ve been what I did, no, I wasn’t strong,
Not like you were when you walked away, but the mind does rearrange,
 
I read it in your embrace, you never loved me,
Keep on saying that it’s not the truth,
But we know, yeah, we both know--true colors showed through…
 
Stupid words that had me broken on the floor,
Same stupid words that had me wanting you more…

Comments

Popular Posts