Leave Me

By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, March 8, 2014
 
Leave Me
 
I fear change, so I’m the one to blame, Aren’t I?
But you were never there, Unless it was convenient, To you,
 
I could point the finger, Yours right back at me,
But I only cared, Wanted you to see I was there,
For that, I cannot apologize, Took the reigns, Gave us a ride, But you don’t care…
 
Where does that leave me?
You were me,
Where does this leave me?
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere,
Why’d you have to leave me?
 
I can’t get a glimpse out here,
All I want to find is you,
I know this doesn’t make it better,
But I still just gotta see you,
 
Pull me back down to Earth,
I’ve never been so lonely up here,
Floating in the galaxies, And I, Can no longer breathe,
You snatched the secret part of me,
You turned your back willingly,
I let you in again, I let you in,
 
I have to think, You knew exactly what you were doing,
Caught me so vulnerable, and you just had to have your turn,
So damn difficult, and you didn’t have to fight,
 
I thought I knew you, I was a fool to,
Allow another to let me fall like that,
Cause I crashed,

Comments

Popular Posts