No Trace


By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, July 19, 2014
 
No Trace
 
Deathly silent, words cannot be said,
What did I miss, we were once so better than this,
 
I don't know what happened along the way,
I remember when you use to kiss me everyday, everything had been okay,
 
I wish we could go back, cause this is killing me,
How could the love we had faded away?
 
It faded so fast, we faded so fast,
Does love really ever last?
Cause it faded so fast, we faded so fast,
There’s no living proof of us,
 
I think about you everyday,
But clock is ticking and there is no trace,
Faded away…
 
Broken dreams, must’ve skipped the reality,
Pictures that lied, they made up their own stories,
 
Holding out, giving another day,
Just hoping for it to get better, Always seeing the better,
 
I wish that we could go back, cause this is killing me,
Letting go of the past, making it history,
 
Out into the shores, Beyond the skies and moon,
Do you know what I have been through?
Can you say you’ve seen it too?
All the tug of wars we spend, fighting for reason to stay,
Giving us reason to breathe,
Not letting go of what we’re told, But holding on to what’s not meant to be,
 
I wish that we could go back, cause this is killing me,
Like a broken track, stuck on repeat,

Comments

Popular Posts