Bonnie & Clyde


By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Bonnie & Clyde
 
Conversation, it used to be so lovely,
And the persuasion, get me to agree to anything,
 
Ain’t that a prison, a prison I locked my heart up in,
And you came willing,
Yeah, you came willing, bringing friends,
 
Two’s a better company, why can’t you see?
Yes, I am needy, something to a degree,
 
If you’re not with it honey, you know you can get lost,
Stop calling me your Bonnie, and be gone,
Cause I don’t need no Clyde,
Don’t be fooled, all we’ve pulled through,
Side by side, Forget Bonnie and Clyde,
 
Does there have to be an occasion,
You used to do so everyday, make me feel special,
I was your everything,
 
What happened to the looks, the ones you’d give me,
That sparkle in your eyes, looking at me, in a daze,
 
I am that one that has faded, and still you’re dragging me behind you,
I won’t settle for the typical, it’s never been a good trade,
 
I took your hand, cause you gave me a feeling,
My body must’ve lied,
Yeah, it lied,
 
Forget Bonnie and Clyde…

Comments

Popular Posts