Bitter

Bitter

By Shaire Blythe 

Wednesday, June 27, 2018


Thought I forgot you,
Didn’t you

I tried
Nearly conquered

It’s just one of them nights
Mind starts racing

Like I’m looking through a tunnel
One of my past lives
Dodging what I’m meant to
What hurts

Bitter
I made you
Called me a bitch
They told me
I refrained to argue
Tried my best to keep it real
You know
What’s the point to drag along what has to go
Damn, I made you bitter
Wasn’t what I meant to do

So shy, I peeped it
When you took my hand

Wondering what were you thinking
When I said we weren’t going to work

And you just came back for more
I knew those calls took all the strength in you

I appreciated
The fact you would pause, not run away
Told you not to change you,
Not a damn thing
Still, 

Keeping it real, one hundred
Thinking bout were we could’ve gone

Caught in detrimental forces
I couldn’t carry on

Word got around
No more playing nice guy

Blasting girls who gave you the business
No feeling involved
And I got to witness the line at your door

I know I played it off
Nothing else I could do
All the while, hoping that you were okay


Comments

Popular Posts