My Home

My Home

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, March 30, 2018

Leaving it all behind
Finding my peace of mind
I know I might've cried
But to lose is to gain, and there's no more saving face

I've tried and I've failed
I've tried and met success
The stories I tell
Prove that I'm a damn beautiful mess

This is my final goodbye
Wild, free battle cry
On my own
But never alone
Leading me through the night
I'll taste what freedom's like
And I won't lose hope
Making a space to call my home

I know I've known me well
With times, I've lost myself
Never for me to be sure of which way to go

Fighting through hells I'm dealt
Most would never care
But made with love,
I know my will is more than enough

As the wind carries me on
I'll open to the sensations
Of what I feel on the edge
Of a life with no regrets
And I'll accept the motions
Of all that I put my faith in

Comments

Popular Posts