Jerome Adventure & Spooky Season

It is approaching that time of the year when I get antsy for Halloween antics.

I have been itching to go on a Ghost Adventures marathon, which I have not quite embarked on yet and have nicely settled on Scare Tactics, since Netflix adopted a few seasons. I am ready to see the popup retail stores filled with all the Halloween supplies you could ask for, and the little makeshift scary houses in them that I was too afraid to enter last year for reasons I cannot even explain.

All I can say is that August-December are my feel good months.

Last Halloween, I was delighted to have fulfilled my dream of staying at the Grand Jerome Hotel in Jerome, Arizona and go on my first ghost adventure.

I had seen the episode the Ghost Adventures crew did there, and knowing that I was in closer proximity to the infamous hotel made it vital for me to just go when I could and if my means called for it.

First, let me say that if you ever want to book a room, you have to do that like two months in advance, especially around October. They have smaller occupancy than most hotels I am used to, and of course because of their "supposed" hauntings, it is harder to get in. We got in about November 3rd, so just a few days behind Halloween. Mind you, we booked the room early September. Was not ideal to go after the holiday, but I was not complaining.

The place was absolutely wonderful, enriched with a lot of original furniture and belongings. The elevator was the coolest of all. Do not judge me.

The ghost tour we went on at night was just as cool. Would we do it again? We agreed not to. Instead, we would simply stay at the hotel longer and explore more of the isolated town on foot, though we did almost everything they had to offer the first time around. You only live once, right? And the town is not that big; everything is sort of in one spot on a mountain top.

Honestly, if you are looking for a true questionable experience, booking a room to the Grand Jerome is all you need. I do not like to outright say it is haunted, but we shared some of the same experiences in Room 41, and did not verbally share with one another until after we had booked out and were walking to the car.

I can say that the walls were thin; I could hear voices of adults from the room next door during the day. But I can also say that I heard little girls' laughter, which did not sound the same way the adults voices had seeped through the walls. But I did not say anything. I had just woken up in the middle of the night from a disturbing dream that involved that room, and my partner in crime was up watching TV. It was while describing the image of waking up to a man oozing black tar out of his mouth, in a blue worker's jumpsuit/uniform and sitting on one of the chairs at the small table next to me, that I heard the girls' laughter. Still a bit dazed and shaken, I let what I heard as I was talking slip away in the cracks of my mind to go back to sleep.

I woke up in the middle of night again to what sounded like hospital machines beeping, like a heart monitor or so. It was a deafening, sort of smothered beeping. Almost sort of dream state. Honestly, I thought it was just the TV still going. I simply scooted closer to the middle of the bed to know I was not alone. I still did not mention anything.

Walking to the car, my partner asked if I had heard machines beeping, like from a hospital. And that was when everything just spilled out. At the time, I had not been able to place the beeping as hospital monitors; I just knew what the sound was and the familiarity of it. When he said it, it all clicked.

I went on to tell him about the laughter of little girls and he said he had heard it way before me, earlier in the day.

I cannot say that the hotel is haunted. I am not a skeptic, obviously, but I want to go back, spend more time there and find more definite proof where I do not question any of my "experiences."

My partner said the TV was not on to be the source of the beeping machines. He had turned it off right after the first time I woke up. The hotel was a former hospital, so is it far-fetched to have heard a past monitor going? But what if the timing was still off and the TV was on?

And we had never seen little girls around the hotel, and the laughter had not sounded the same as the adult voices that had seeped through the walls. But what if there were little girls in one of the rooms and their voices just happened to seep through differently?

In addition, I awoke a third time in the night. I took pictures around the room. I happened to capture a live photo of a tiny white light/object (I am not certain) curving out of the frame of the photo; it was in the direction of where the man had been in my dream. But it could be a fly. Maybe.

I would love to go back to the hotel this Halloween and try to get concrete answers about Grand Jerome Hotel. However, that would be doing the most, considering I have too many other endeavors on my plate during my feel good months.

Guess that just leaves the haunted houses for me to explore, which I am all for. 








 







Comments

Popular Posts