My Own Way


By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, March 21, 2015
 
My Own Way
 
Hands surprise, eyes disguise what we’re doing
Not really thinking when your breath is upon my neck
And you might have kissed me if only we were both down for real
 
That would just open doors to another world
One I can’t be a part of
I’m on my own universe and surely you are too
I watched you down many from across the room
 
And we’re nothing more
This way it’ll never hurt
Make myself numb to what I know is not a thing
And keep on going, no shame
And don’t call games, I’m doing things my own way
 
I can’t lie, it was nice, you right next to me
Tugging me close as if it had been only us in the room
The night was young
 
Not like I wanted to run from the feelings
Ones that had been long gone, I’d forgotten
And you made me safe in your arms
But we both know you can cause harm
 
Are we able to do this again?
Keep it going, no emotions, no showing
No telling what we know

Comments

Popular Posts