Take Nine

Take Nine

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, March 6, 2016

If I wouldn't had noticed, the possibilities 
I wouldn't have been focused, on protecting me

Needing to be proven wrong, but all I'm given is right
So another takes off
Take nine

Finding it less difficult, to continue my way
Looking back now, misguided with the give and take
Didn't they know the 80/20?
If I hadn't known, I would've let go a long time ago 

That's really where we lost
I have no fear
I know who I've become
They fell off
Take nine

This is nothing 
But they are something 
Tell nobody that I'm coming 
Not to you or you
But to somebody that sees I'm worth more
All of my energy, I'll be relentless 
I'll be your midnight sun, don't you forget it
Just return it
Cause I'm never running away 
Unless you give me no reasons to stay
I know life is not always pretty
But I never relinquish my faith
I know what type of love it takes
Sorry I've been letting them steal it away, but I'm ready for you when you've got most of you figured out 
Not looking for a finished masterpiece 
Just a love we both know can't be replaced 
And we'll win, forgetting the losses
All in, looking forward to take ten

Comments

Popular Posts