Reading The Bible In 10 Months

March 17, 2016 is the day I borrowed a Women's Study Bible and began reading it. January 17, 2017 is the day I closed the entire book, finished. Done. Coincidence? I think not. Ten months exactly to read the Bible, take notes, meditate on what I was absorbing and all.

The number ten represents human completeness. Wholeness. At least, that was included in my Revelation notes. And I do, indeed, feel complete, a wholeness about me, after finishing the Bible.

I could go into what I have learned, but that took up ninety-three pages. I found patterns, though.  Patterns of disobedience, impatience, unfaithfulness, service, faithfulness, patience, discipline... so on. But, overall, the theme I have taken away from the Bible over any theme is love.

The Bible reiterated to me that love is the solution to all. It is really that simple. But we make it so complicated.

I want to go into more, but I feel I would just be ranting and this post would go on forever, and I don't want that. But Bishop Walker from Mt. Zion Nashville (he has VOD for free on his website if you might want to check it out) said, when I had first started reading the Bible, that once your car breaks down, you go to the manual. Well, the Bible is like the manual for the human being. Once you're broken, go to the Bible. And so I just continued, reading on and on, I guess, desperate to be fixed.

Of course, reading the Bible does not equal zero problems. That is why I took notes, to be able to go over them as long and as much as I please.

But reading it just opened my eyes to a lot. I had tried a couple of times before and never got past all the names in Genesis. The type of Bible I had this time around made it a lot easier to read. It kept me engaged.

If you have any interest in reading it, I suggest getting one that caters to something specific, such as, for Women or Men. This one brought modern-day problems to the forefront, and so it was great.

Whatever religion you believe, I just feel it is vital to know what exactly you believe in. I claimed being a Christian all the time, but again, I had not made it past Genesis. And it is great knowing some of the stories off the top of your head, but there is so much more to read between the lines. So much more just waiting to be found. And I was in a worse state, because I did not even know most the important stories that people do. Yikes.

But I found Job, Proverbs, Psalms and Ecclesiastes to be my favorites. And I am glad I took the time and found the time to finally get through the entire masterpiece.

Comments

Popular Posts