Darkness Wins

I have disconnected myself from all social media--excluding this blog and CNN. That means deactivated Facebook account, signed out on Twitter and Instagram. I went as far as to delete a ton of text messages that I had been holding onto for unknown reasons; they just took up space in my phone.

Depression has won. I find myself in bed longer, procrastinating when it comes to school work; finals are here, so all of this is at the worst time. But I can't shake it.

I feel it is time I looked into taking medicine to treat my depression. It just kills me that one minute I am fantastic, and the next, I can't stand myself or have absolutely no feeling towards what is going on around me.

I can't wait to get back home. This was just like I was last semester, before Christmas Break, but then, that darkness was ignited by a lost individual. Now, it is no one but myself. My very own "demons" inside, that is said that never goes away--depression, that is. Something tells me everything will be better when I'm back home, and I know that will be true, but it won't last the whole time.

Maybe writing is the only medium out...

Comments

Popular Posts