Battlefield


By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Battlefield

I want you like I’m fighting for yesterday
I know you’re out there, but are you listening
I could go on and on for days, but do you hear me?

You’re gonna have to be a trooper for love
Flag raised high, let go of your pride and stand tall
That’s that soldier love, Don’t leave me to die

Cause I’m going through the battlefield for you
I know I’m going to get to you
Going through the battlefield, and I’m still alive
I can’t even believe it
I would go through the carnage once again
As long as I win

What’s life like on your side?
I wanna know all of you
Every scar, your heart, what moves you

I’ll be a soldier for your love
My armor let down, my eyes wide open and alive
That’s just my love, I won’t leave you to die

We will win, I know we can
Someday, it’ll be okay and we won’t recall losses

Comments

Popular Posts