Never Knew Me


By Shaire Blythe

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Never Knew Me

Why must you be coldhearted?
It doesn’t matter what she put you through
It’s a damn shame, it was me that got back slapped

Don’t know what else I could do
I did everything, all of it for you
Even when I didn’t wanna
Even when I knew what was right
The funniest thing about wanting love, it makes you lose your mind

I’m finding myself
Back where I’m supposed to be
If I don’t seem like myself, only cause you never knew me
Not like I knew you too, people are always changing
But you know just what you’re doing, got me looking stupid
And made your escape, you just run away
You cannot ever stay

Even when I would beg you
Even when I was betting on you
The funniest thing about wanting love, it takes both sides

What else can I say, what’s let for me to brace for?
The ending has come, putting me back at one
A place so familiar, I swear it’s my dwelling place
Don’t you look at me, keep your head down and carry on
Not like I needed you, I only wanted
Not like you deserved me, someone that kept it honest
I’m good…

Comments

Popular Posts