First Thing

First Thing

By Shaire Blythe
April 16, 2016

I never thought of losing myself
But then I knew what had to be done
We all play our parts when it comes to the heart

A softer voice
Lay down the armor
Don't speak a word
Let's have it your way, just for today
When morning comes, I won't remember 
Cause I am grateful to see your face, first thing

Not anyone can see this
Not everyone can breathe it, take it in

Sometimes I don't wanna be her
I rather take care of myself, need no one else

You'll know when you see it
I won't always give a reason, but let me be and I'll be back in a second

Arms wide open
Trying to understand you
Wanna get to the root, so we can continue 
Sharing with each other
Who would've thought of
The very thing on our mind being the hardest to say
But if we don't say it, we'll never face it
We can never change it
And that very same thing will come back another day
So let's take care of it all, first thing

I might seem strong
And I know that I am
But I have my weaknesses
Baring all of me, that's real
It might seem easy
It's never easy
I've just learned if you don't give your all
Nothing can ever grow
And I want to grow
With ones who can see me
See me for who I truly am
But not take me for granted
And expect me to always be still
I'll hold on for only so long
And when that day comes, I'll be gone
First thing



Comments

Popular Posts