Levels

Levels

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, March 31, 2016

A glimpse in the mirror, I was her again
So different, but yet the same
More bridges crossed, more hearts put to shame
If all love is lost, why do I feel the same?

I know it's not
Just not where I stand
Love was always in me
I had to see many dreams to fully notice
I'm focused 
I'll be waiting to add more
To take me higher

Nothing's wrong, I'll admit it
Go headstrong or forget it
Never needed anyone else 
Only invited cause within them I saw a piece of myself and wanted to share
Ain't that how a love should be?

Time is a funny thing
Looking back, I thought I knew everything 
But what I'm discovering 
I do not know anything 
But I'll try

Because I've always wondered what's the cause
The urge to find the root of everything 
Like why did He make the stars
And what is our meaning
Mind can really travel far
But it's taking me higher

I want you to take me higher
Give me knowledge I never thought of 
Show me the other side, even if it's for a moment 
Just understand that if you do, you'll be setting the bar
And I'll take pleasure in what is to follow
Cause there exists levels
Each a stepping stone
I don't know when we settle
But from what I've heard
You don't choose, fate chooses you


Comments

Popular Posts