When We Cared

When We Cared

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I find myself wondering what I can do to make us okay
The writings on the walls of our homes remain stained

It might seem easy for me to not call
Or for me to not be bothered you aren't bothered for being absent at all

 I've prayed for your voided soul
I've prayed it's not void at all
I use to pray you're shadow was a phase
But you never changed
A piece of me knows you're still there
I'll hold the good times,
The memories of when we cared

If there's one thing I know to be true
You're good with being loyal to you

I don't hold a grudge
I cried a long time ago
You're going through the motions
The typical

When we cared, I didn't know this world
I wasn't aware of being hurt
I was just a little girl
But your little girl has seen we could be worse

Comments

Popular Posts