Misplaced Restless Souls

Misplaced Restless Souls



By Shaire Blythe
Monday, May 28, 2018

Restless souls know no place to go
Except to follow the rhythm
Of their beating hearts

I think I can lead you
to a place you never knew existed
We both can get lifted

Are you ready
Are you down
The winds might get heavy
And we may burn out
It’s the risk
Can’t gain till you lose
Are you willing

I’ve played tug of war
With who I thought I should be
I’m saying no more

Twists and turns of journeys
I couldn’t dictate
I learned to let go

You feeling like what’s the use
Clinging to safety net
Scared to breathe for once

What if you could live for once
Feed your hope for better tomorrows
And not be alone 

Just trust me when I say
I’ve got you here on out
Not leaving you
No abandoning you now
I promise
I’ll be honest
And we can take on this desert town


Comments

Popular Posts