Moonlight

Moonlight

By Shaire Blythe

Wednesday, June 27, 2018


There’s a place that I can’t find
But I know I’ve been there

I painted it in my brain
And another came creeping

The company was so sweet
In the shadows of my dreams
I think he told me where I should go
Then left my to find my way home

In the moonlight
I danced to the leaves falling
One of the darkest nights
We found ourselves caught in
I don’t know why I can’t make my way back
I don’t know if I should even try to revisit our night skies

You looked me in the eyes
You didn’t turn away

We walked and we ran
To the unmarked land

We were oh so bittersweet
An unlikely companionship
Now buried in my memories
The needle does skip

You took my picture
I would love to have it
Just to remember
What I wouldn’t have if
You hadn’t shown me the ropes
If you hadn’t gave me hope
That even the bitterest folks
Can get high and kill time




Comments

Popular Posts