Searching For Yourself In Your Cities

Searching For Yourself In Your Cities

By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, June 2, 2018

That fire soul, it haunts you
Satan’s road, driven times two
I’m way too cold to feel your desert heat

I heard you hiked to Vegas’ dome
Skipped prayers, put on quite a show
I’m sorry, you had no one to turn to

I’ve seen your distant eyes glazed over
On the verge of lips being blue 
And I knew, I couldn’t save you

That cloudy haze, it still haunts you 
Can’t stay down, no one finds you 
I’ve been pushed too far, you’ll never give relief

Enjoying how New York has come to be a home
But we know you’ll always choose alone
Those night lights are to fade

Is it true you’ve found the sacred Quarters 
Lost yourself to broken levees and the waters
I’m sure that someone must’ve seen you
Trumpets play and the rhythms are your breakthroughs
Guess if New Orleans wants you, let them love you
Cause you don’t know love anymore 









Comments

Popular Posts