Rolling Away

Rolling Away

Monday, February 11, 2019
By Shaire Blythe

I need to see the way I need to see to face the day and run with it
To think has led me astray, but put me right back in my place before
Give me more
I’ve took the hits and wrecked the ships of men faded in waves that lessens or hardens blows
I don’t know
Anymore

Keep it that way
I don’t wanna have to change
Think I’m rolling away
I have no strength to stay

Hearts are weak, I’ve seen the veins that make you wanna walk away
So go on
Just move along

Trying to place a great escape but cannot find my safest space
To hide and stay alive

Please don’t keep it that way
I have everything to lose
Think I’m rolling away
If there’s nothing left to lose

Give me better
I beg of you
Straight to the treasures
After the hardest pain

I know you see me standing tall
I know you see me giving all
Like I have never lost a war
Ain’t that what you made me for?

Guess I don’t have to stay
No, not anymore
Better off that way

My presence has run its course

Comments

Popular Posts