Thirteen Shores


Thirteen Shores

By Shaire Blythe

Thursday, January 31, 2019


I can’t tell you that I’m dreaming
I can’t give you something to believe in
I lost that streak when I was sixteen

Right now being open
I still battle with my hope when
A beauty comes to meet with a beast

And I’m not saying that I’m done
Washed up on empty shores
But I’ll be sure to count thirteen
Maybe I’ll keep on swimming on
Or make this black sand my new home
Cause I can’t seem to stay alone

Don’t take my thoughts the wrong way
Don’t stay if I give no reason
For you to wanna stay

Young, dumb and being ruthless
Most could never see it
I know I can hide so well

But I can reveal the shells 
I want to be explored
What to do when they are yours?

I have tried and tried
Got caught in lighthouse lights
Feeding my own delights
And still bringing the fight

Comments

Popular Posts