Till You Get It

Till You Get It


By Shaire Blythe

Thursday, January 31, 2019



No passive aggressive,
Or giving that cold shoulder
I use the past tense
That’s where I’ll let you stay
No call for action
I just stuck to praying

For me to grow stronger
For me to be better
Saving my dignity
I can’t get caught up

Stopped counting the days,
When you walked away
Something did change
I held my head up
Tears fade away
Like memories together

Did you grow stronger
Not the way you would’ve thought of
Did you become better 
Stopped resting with your pride

Did your tongue stop spilling lies
After all this time
Can you treat loves like loves
Stop pretending for self pleasure

Sorry not sorry that you didn’t want me
I took the burns like hellfire to the flames

Once I get placed right where you left me
I say you will have to battle to get your way

All bets on you right at beginning
Guess losing till you get it is what you’ll have to face 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts