New Year, New Tattoos!

People had once told me that once you start inking, you're never going to want to quit. See, I didn't believe them. I was pretty much like 'Pssh! Not my body. I am not going to be covered in ink from head to toe.' I was set on just getting one tattoo & no more. Which I did get the one tattoo. 'Dream' was inked on the outer part of my right hand, barely visible to the public eye, which I admire. However, two years later...I think the ink has entered my blood and has got me all addicted-like. I'm just wanting two more though. That's really not a biggg deal. & they'll be as simple as my first one. Like, I'm imagining 'hope' tattooed on my upper forearm, but the inside, so it's almost hidden too. I would want it in cursive though. (I really wish I had done the same for my first tattoo, but whatever & it's permanent so it's not going nowhere). The other tattoo would be a 'W' on the curve of my ankle/foot. The 'hope' tattoo sort of speaks for itself, like my 'dream' one. I love inspiring words like that. But the 'W' would be dedicated to one of my best friends, William. I won't be entirely senseless and get his whole name tattooed on me. That rarely ends well. (If our friendship was to end, which I highly doubt, I could easily say the 'W' stands for 'wish', another inspiring word).. But he means a lot to me and has been there through my toughest times as best as he could. & he knows me unlike anyone else knows me, so I would like to do that for him.

So no New Year Resolutions over here. Just New Year Tattoos. Resolutions never stuck with me. I quit back when I was 12. Regardless of a new year coming up around the corner, whatever resolutions you make, you truly just have to be really ready to make a change (whatever change that may be) for yourself. *Shrugs* Or if you want, make a resolution, have it going good for about three days, give up and write a note to remind you to do it the next new year.

Comments

Popular Posts