The Hard Life of a Writer

Being a writer can be sooo frustrating. It's like ideas just come and come & never stop, BUT then comes stinking writer's block. Writer's block is my worst nightmare as a writer, because I have the entire plot planned out in my head/on paper (or at least the main points) & I can't get to certain points with blank spaces..Or maybe I can't fill in the blanks. (I said that sort of confusing, but whatever). I've begun so many stories that it's ridiculous & all I really want is to finish them, get them out there to share & be successful from my stories, and this is all suppose to be done before someone else comes out with a similar story and gets a whole lot of credit for it. That is my ultimate fear when it comes to my stories. I don't mind to get a story published and it fail out on the shelves. I can at least say I tried then & say that I do have a book out there somewhere. But I'm more worried about me not getting my material out there fast enough before someone else does something similar. If that happens, then I would basically have to scrap all my hard work, which would suck and I think damage my soul. My stories are like my babies. & I literally couldn't quit writing if I tried, and I really have tried several times by now, because of how time-consuming it can be or even frustrating when I get to a bump in the road. But I must say, it usually works itself out. Right now, however, I am completely at a standstill with my more promising works. *Sighs*

Comments

Popular Posts