Song's End

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, September 23, 2013
 
Song's End
 
These hands, these arms are real, Opened up towards you,
You lips, your lies, I cannot cry, I never knew you,
 
My eyes wide open, ears sealed shut, That's how you found your way around,
Not like I was oblivious, but here, you're coming back around,
 
There was nothing to it,
We were not exclusive,
I went with the music,
Playing our song, over and over again,
Now the time has come, this song has to end,
 
I'm not mad, Backtracking, Tossing you in my mind,
I said my words, you played hurt, When nothing was inside,
 
I can't say I have no core, But you were acting funny,
You saw the guards and the swords, Try to flip it on me,
 
Don't touch me, Don't try, I make up my own mind,
You're foolish, You're losing, While I'm still me throughout, My life...
 
Not like I was oblivious, but here, You're not coming back around,
I don't want you back, around...
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts