Make Me Numb

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Make Me Numb


Roses on the front porch
I told myself I couldn't do this no more
It's my game, I deal with no shame
I can toss and turn the cards, like I'm playing with your heart…
 
There once, was a time, I was never like this, Never fighting,
My heart, my mind, my soul…
But all things change, There came some rain, And it came crashing,
Crashing down on me…
 
You gave me your love, but I was wrong, I don’t want it
That day at your house, Should have shut the door, but I wanted,
And that’s where I messed up, Knew just what I needed, I don’t want to feel again,
Not like this…

No, not this way…

You’re not giving up, I can’t do anything for you,
I wish you would go away,

Think I’m lost, Like I don’t know what I’m doing,
Think I say one thing, meaning the other,
You can’t face, What I put you through

I’m sorry,
This will haunt me,

Make me numb so I won’t have to deal with the pain,
I’m ashamed,

You thought you found me,
Have to keep on searching,
I’ve stepped off

Comments

Popular Posts