Burn Bright, Die Young

Burn Bright, Die Young

By Shaire Blythe
March 5, 2016

Saw you the other day
I wasn't expecting
Took me by surprise
I don't wanna go back
Into my mind
Digging up the secrets we buried to leave 
It was kind of pleasant to see you
Though you didn't see me

I think I want to keep it that way
Can you still not look me in the face?
That's okay
I'll be on my way
Leave the memory of you to never see the day
Still, you were not a mistake

Lone wolf you always claimed
I always found my way to those
You took more than you gave
I really didn't give my all

That's not what we signed up for
No strings, nothing there to work for
Except company and what I came for
Those silly days I would explore 

I don't want to go there
It's been a long, long time
And if I tried to go there
Darling, you still wouldn't be mine






Comments

Popular Posts