Retracing


Retracing

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, July 3, 2016

It's the moment
All comes down to moments
Changes within a second
Give me a second
Gotta make sure I don’t close my eyes and miss this part
I've been known to miss them
Can't miss this part

I know what you would say, Just wanna see me happy
I am, but not in the way most think

There's nothing to it
Give in to the edges of your voice and the traces made with your fingertips
Taking fragments and molding them back together

I have to let up, I remember
Always let up
Maybe it's been for a reason
All for a reason

Tell me it's okay
All paths are predetermined
So tell me it's okay
If I desert you once again
But at least I warned you this time

Enough is on my mind
Hard staying still after the first time
Coping by amnesia, I don't dream of retracing cut lines

Forgiven, but never forgotten
How hard is it to make up a mind?
I knew what I wanted,
Viewed you as if you were already the man God desired you to be
Any messes handed our way, I was right there,
Believing in you and me
You didn't believe in a you and me

Faith you've taken up after true misery
Respect comes with admittance
Guess this is the moment right now
Didn't want to come around, my admittance
It's been for a reason

Gotta make sure I don't miss this part
Make sure in my commitment to new beginnings

Comments

Popular Posts