Gun Front


*Wrote this a while back. Thought long and hard before posting. But then realized I am not here to please anyone else. And hurt feelings, I am over. I try my best to stand for what I honestly believe will bring greater peace and unity to this hell of a world--not selfishly just for myself, but others. No matter my personal core beliefs and roots that I uphold myself to. 



A gun holds a lot of power. It has the ability to end a life. Cut it short with one tiny bullet and pull of a trigger. I believe guns need to be retrieved from the WRONG ones hands. Especially guns that one has absolutely no training or hours under their belt with.

Emphasis on the WRONG ones hands.

If you are an upstanding person--can pass a mental evaluation, put in the training, know the power that you hold, and can truly understand the consequences of the abuse of such power, and can pass a substantial, thorough background check, then you should have nothing to worry about.

We should not wait for tragedies to get personal to "feel some sort of way." That could have been your son, daughter, mother, sister, father and so on. Any one of your loved ones. 

Do not think it cannot happen to you. It can.

We are not invincible. We are not beyond touch of other's harm. Some of are just blessed we do not have to deal with a war zone every day.

We can "throw" prayers and thoughts all we want, but it is nothing without action. 

No matter ones "political stance," I think we fail to see we all have a common enemy, which are the ones who revert to gun violence to "satisfy" their agendas--whether it is revenge, mental health, terrorism or etcetera.

The end result remains devastating.

It is all tragic. And it all can be prevented.

I do not really like talking about tragedies anymore. For one, I am an avid believer that all is a part of God's plan. Even such tragedies. But I also believe, without a doubt, that we are meant to come TOGETHER when such things unravel, and it seems they divide us each more and more these days instead of unite. That is on the front of gun violence/rights, civil liberties and so on.

And it is just sad.

You can have fifty million guns for all I care. I just hope you know what you are doing with them and will not cause harm to others with them.

We take precautions for outside threats and terrorism. Why would we not try to do the same for domestic?

I pray that you or loved ones will never be at the mercy of a human toting a gun to invoke fear, and I pray the same for me and my loved ones.

Even with my hope and faith, it is pretty difficult to see matters with gun violence getting better however. If I am being honest.


"Nothing is real until it's experienced." - John Keats

Comments

Popular Posts