Soul Ruins

Soul Ruins

By Shaire Blythe
September 30, 2017

What a waste
What a shame

You never saw me
Never tried to
Made me out to be what you wanted to see
How could I expect you, to stick around?
She's all that I could never be
With her, there's no questioning
Maybe she's not as bruised as me
I can't share if you'll just leave
I shut down trying to figure out,
What I did this time for you to run and be so cold
An unending cycle

Why would I bare myself, give myself when you can't look at my face?
Say you won't do it again, but next time comes and nothing changes
Then you get mad at me, I'm always to blame
You can do no wrong, No

Those eggshells, I'm through with that
Keep your hell, I'm on my own path
I'm not sorry for who you've made me
Just sorry for who you claim to be
A ruin of souls, but they'll never know what I know

Comments

Popular Posts