A Moment

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, May 29, 2014
 
A Moment
 
I decide not to decide,
Got one foot in the door, but can’t seem to push anymore to let myself in,
I want to win, familiar patterns got me stressing out again,

I wasn’t supposed to have you,
Now that I have you, the rush from start has died,

Isn’t this crazy?
Us staring up at the ceiling, who could’ve ever imagined we’d come this far?
You talk, but I don’t hear you, the words fall on deaf ears,
To be clear, I can’t stand to lay by you another second,

I just need to breathe…
Take a moment and just breathe,
You can’t truly love me,
Not the way I need,
So I just need to breathe,
Take this moment and just breathe,
You’re not the one for me,
I have to leave,

It’s ridiculous how far I let you in,
I knew better, Yes, I’d known,

I think I’d seen some pretty colors and painted my own picture,
A picture so untrue,

Am I crazy?
Staring up at the ceiling, am I suppose to be in your arms?
You talk, I don’t listen, I need to figure out my heart,
To be clear, I could be making this all up,

Whether I’ve got the answer or I do not,
To even have to question means I’ve stepped too far,

Need to take some steps back,
Sidestep this track and just breathe,

Comments

Popular Posts