The Return

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
 
The Return
 
Pity party, Do you see me?
I get more out of you this way,
It’s a tragedy,

There has to be more to this,
Whatever this is,
It’s your call,

I am the shot,
I ring through the air,
Cutting through wires so thin, No one could tell that there even there,
It’s something I hate,
That’s part of my escape,
But I come right back here,

I was first hurt,
Do you care?

And then I hurt you,
With the same ole shit,

I keep thinking, And I keep saying, we could do much better,
But all my cries and all my shouts, and we get no better,

I can’t let you go,
Cause when I let you go,
I create this empty hole in my chest,
I lose my breath, and only think of you,

What do we do now?
Time is running out,
I can never deal, but you can keep it together,

I’m not always right, Neither are you,
But, honestly, what is it that we are to do?

Comments

Popular Posts