Why

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
 
Why
 
Let me get this out, but where shall I begin?
Making myself vulnerable, my skin is becoming thin,
And I don’t like it, But I love it, And I want you, I want it,
Wondering if I can afford it, You know where my heart’s been?
 
Is the hurt really worth it?
Feeling so high right now, But I’ll come crashing, I know this,
Don’t tell me it’s not true, the fall never fails, I always fell,
Straight into your arms I go, You got a terrible hold on me,
Please don’t let go of me,
 
Do you know the damage? You’ll cause so much damage,
I’m not sure how I’ll take the pain,
A pain I have felt before, but this will mean much more,
 
I found connection, No others had connection,
You’ve got the upper hand, Tell me I’m not part of a plan,
I’m always a part of a plan, But no true future,
I’ve gotten fooled, yeah,
 
Don’t just assure it won’t happen again, Prove to me you’re some type of a man,
I’ve given these boys too much of my time, And I forever fall behind,
Buried with all of the love I have to offer,
 
So you can draw and conclude why my trust is tainted,
Why so many damn questions,
Why the created distance, why the “we should stay friends,”
Why the insecurity, Why I want your hands all over me,
Why your kisses mean everything,
Why there must be an answer for everything,
 
And that’s why…

Comments

Popular Posts