You

You

By Shaire Blythe
March 11, 2016

Steady, sensing your waves
Giving me a moment to breathe
I'm standing on my feet
I knew I'd get there someday 

Lighter, I can feel my heart beat 
It was always so warm
It would've been a lie to abandon her

Here she is, racing again 
You can have it if you're really honest 
Oh no, not once again 
Love is tragic, but they say it's magic 
Don't pull me close just to let me go
That's no home
Let's take it slow, let nobody know
So we can truly see us through 
I need to know if it's you

Pretty, such a pretty face
Charming, you put me in my place
It's true, I have a tendency to think I know it all
But I'm screaming to come prove me wrong

Belief, all I have are my strides
Release all of the complications
I know they come and go, but I rather not go there tonight
Or any other night

Stepping forward, I couldn't ignore you
The only one I speak to
The urge to run, but you've given me no reasons to
And I'll be damn if I'll be the one to abandon you
I know that emotion of feeling worthless 

Comments

Popular Posts