Another Day

Another Day

By Shaire Blythe
April 19, 2016

Take it as you want
No time, no lies, just smile

You hate being alone
I've been that way for quite a while
Same old story

Been the only real I've seen
Been the only real I know
Never switched up the game
You put me on hold,

Oh no
What you think this is, always running away
Can you stay consistent, stop hitting up my line when you think it's time
Stay playing, it'll never change
No intention to go astray
But I know, you know
We'll both see another day

Take it as you want
You'll do that anyway

You can do no wrong
I am the one to blame
Same old story

You sold me half deals
Jump ship when shit gets real
Can't you see there's growth within change
If you can see it, if you can reach it
Is that too much for you to face?

I'll take the blame
I'll say it's my mistake
I never should have trusted you

Already know how it goes
They never can do no wrong or own up to mistakes
That would take a real man
But that's okay
I'll be on my way
See another day
My conscious is clear
Nothing to fear
All the same
Please go away
I'll be okay
I'm just fine
Nothing taken from me
They pretend to take it from me
But it's still here
The root of it all
My love
My worth
My cause

Gonna see another day
You'll find me another day
Just another day

Comments

Popular Posts