There's A Word For It


"You really do not have a type," I have been told multiple times before. And it could never be, was never, denied by me--to an extent. Of course, this was referring to the outside appearance of any individual I found myself attracted to. The inside, well, never settle for just anything. But having "no type" with the outside appearance, it goes much deeper than one gender. I have discovered the term. I am a pansexual.

For anyone who does not know what a pansexual is, let me explain my way of defining it: having an attraction of any sort (a wide-ranging of sorts) to differing genders--gender being what one identifies as, whether they are/were that biologically or not. 

I have never had a problem opening up to some about my attraction toward differing genders. I have my requirements. I have my boundaries. But any other pansexual could have totally different boundaries, requirements and attractions.

But, to me, love is love. Attraction is attraction. Love what you love. Be attracted to what you're attracted to. Make it complicated, if you must. Keep it simple, if you want. Just be happy and own who you know you are and what you stand for.

Comments

Popular Posts