Ending Tones


Ending Tones



By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, September 7, 2016



A little Patron to the numb the pain,
But that pain ain't going away unless you keep filling up that slick bottle--
the perfect role model,
We'll see.

And I know, don't think I don't,
Why you think I went ghost--?
searching for what really matters,
tearing my own being at the seams.

You have this brilliance about you,
Have this wonderful way with words and direction I am starting to believe you cannot see or you purposefully shield your eyes at the magnificence,

And we all want what we don't have.

I wish you could see all that you have.

World right in front of you, waiting to be tackled,
And I'm still fighting to sway to the rhythm of my own tune.

One thing,

Just one thing,

And you find yourself in the fetal position in the corners of your mind
and surrender at start.

We all deal with pain in different ways,
But I still like to think we go through the same phases.
And if I may be wrong, the end result still only has two ending tones--

Keep fighting
or
Give up.

Comments

Popular Posts