Get Your Kids

I get riled up over this to the max. Working at a grocery store, I see bad kids come through constantly. Where the heck is the discipline? Lil Jay Jay is trying to grab and sneak candy into his pockets; over by the door, you got Jaquisha-Shananay throwing a fit because she want a quarter to get a gumball out of the machine, then Traveon playing with the sliding doors, nearly getting shut up in them every time, and Vivalalicious in the cart just screaming her head off.

Again, where is the discipline?

The parent is paying absolutely no mind to the kids at all. It's like they (the kids) are invisible, and everyone in the whole store is not turning their heads thinking a riot is going on or something.

[My kids] If I gotta set all they butts in a single cart, I'm gonna do it in order to keep an eye on them. Don't touch nothing, don't sniff nothing, matter of fact, just close your eyes, don't even look at nothing.

I remember the threatening game. Threats used to get me to shut up and quit acting up in a heartbeat. If my Mom or Dad threatened to take away my TV, I was done. I knew I would've died without seeing my Rugrats. Are threats not enough these days?

If that fails, then take it to the belt. That really did it for me.

Maybe bad kids not only surround parents that could care less, but also young mothers (the ones who don't really involve themselves in their kids life & take responsibility for their actions - just clarifying). We got children taking care of children like crazy. Or maybe they are just popping them out like crazy. Could that contribute?

Either way, I don't understand how some parents just allow their kids to be wild out in public and honestly not give a crap. I just know I wouldn't want people calling my kids BeBe's kids when they see 'em coming.

Comments

Popular Posts