Kind Of Heartbreaking

I think my heart just crumbled a little. Or maybe you can call it me being over dramatic, like one of my best friends says all the time (I take it as a compliment, theatre would be perfect for me then).

Just got a call from Columbia College Chicago. It was my dream school. Still remains my dream school. Got accepted last year. One of the most amazing moments of my life. That school is perfect for me. It is me. But the cost is pretty darn costly. At the time, I really didn't care. I mean, I accepted the fact I was going to probably die in debt. Most do. But when I died, I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore, so I was going to pull all the loans out that was necessary.

A little on down the line, the cost really did set in. $700 had to come out of my pocket. I was going to have that, and they were willing to work with me if I couldn't pay all of it just then, but I knew there was more than just that holding me back. I have a car. Columbia doesn't have a student parking or none of that. I would be paying an arm and a leg to have a parking garage hold my car. & I would still be having to make payments on that car back at home, insurance, etc, etc. The entire cost of going to that school just became higher and higher, even though I had gotten a $10,000 Presidential Scholarship. (Over $20,000 would've came out of loans).

I made the decision a year ago to be deferred a year. So I'm still an admitted student - that's why the phone call came about. I've been trying to avoid it, but I was suppose to call them anyways and tell them that me going to the school is completely impossible, though I will forever love that school & what they do there.

The guy was from the Arts & Management department (the one who called). It was what I was going to major in, 'cause KY sure doesn't have the major around here the way I want it. But he wanted to see if I had any questions, etc. Another reason why I favor the school. They always kept in touch with me, made sure things were going okay & so on. Sadly, I had to tell him what I had dreaded doing so much.

Kind of heartbreaking I had to let my dream go. Well, for now. I don't know what God has in store. I truly do love that place though. I didn't buy some of their school logo items for nothing when I visited. But I have to think, it's also a tad ironic that the same day I get a call from Columbia College Chicago, just earlier, I mailed off everything I needed to become a student at Western Kentucky University...

Comments

Popular Posts