The L Word

L O V E is tossed around so loosely. I understand telling a friend you love them (I do it), but I'm talking about the deeper rooted meaning being tossed around.

People are like saying 'I love you' within two weeks of dating. Whattt? But that's not the worst part. You ditch that person, find another, and it's back to the same routine. You're saying 'I love you' to them as well. I don't get it.

People can get really lovey-dovey on Facebook. That's how I'm able to speak about this, 'cause they put their whole love life on that site, saying 'I love so-and-so' every 10 minutes. I think we get it. Are you trying to convince yourself or something? Are you such a mess-up that you gotta keep publicly declaring your love for your partner so he/she won't dump you? (Kidding on the last one. Maybe).

I just couldn't do it. I wouldn't want my partner posting 'I love you so much [my name]' on his statuses over and over again or at all. It's so corny, it makes me shudder. And it sounds a tad obsessive which just makes me want to move out of state.

It has almost gotten to the point with me that I'm not certain love (deeply rooted) exists. If it does, it has gotta be rare. But regardless of my fading belief in the word, I must admit that L O V E is special and it should be used with someone special, not every next person you meet, or date, or want to get in the pants of.

Comments

Popular Posts