Tommy Got Shot


Composed by Shaire Blythe
Tuesday September 25, 2012
 
Tommy Got Shot
 
A sea separates us, but ties still remain
Our blood comes together, we feel no change
 
Just when I think the movement lives
Just when I think there will come a difference
I get turned down, I’m forced to look the other way
 
I’m saying, Tommy got shot today, oh
Tears were running down his face, oh
He was just ten years old, oh
Why this world feel so cold?
 
Can you see, Tommy got shot today, oh
They just let him bleed, oh
He was just ten years old, oh
Why this world is so cold, I don’t know…
 
Same thing happens again
This time it was little Lita
She was the daughter of a President
 
You can see her, you can hear her on every news,
They will flock and make this something huge,
My voice is drawn out as I say…
 
Same tragic picture, two different people
Only thing is, she will soon die down
And these people will carry on
Tommy and Lita, both lost
Both gone…

Comments

Popular Posts