What I Saw

By Shaire Blythe
Saturday June 29, 2013

What I Saw

You brought me up,
You brought me down
You said so much,
Then you never came around
 
On the phone, you talked to me
I heard your voice and I could never go to sleep
I don’t believe I had the same affect on you…
 
Dragged me through deep rivers and vast valleys to toss me here,
Deserted with no direction or place to go,
How could you ever view your face,
You must’ve brainwashed your conscious away,
Do you remember when you said you loved me, or was that another step in your game, To get your way
I hope it eats you up inside, whatever you hide…
 
Only sometimes would you kiss me out in public, on the lips,
Only sometime would you kiss me out in public, on the cheek,
I thought it was sweet
 
Girls stared at you, You wouldn’t pay attention
You glance at girls, They were fast to look your way
You knew what I thought
 
Can you look me in the face right now,
I just want to see, What it is you do with your eyes when you lie,
 
What I saw, I couldn’t see
How stupid of me, To fall, In your hold
 
I think I wrote what was real to me,
But what was truly real, I didn’t believe
I couldn’t believe,
 
I look to view what is best,
But next time I’ll make sure to look at everything,


Comments

Popular Posts