Blood Stain

By Shaire Blythe
September 11, 2012

Blood Stain
 
These brick walls were made too thick
I couldn’t knock them down even if I was to try
Then again, why would I do it
It’s best I leave you guys outside
A voice tells me my home is too deep, all that you don’t know
 
Mama’s on the floor, she banged her head again
Cursing at the floor, someone call a paramedic
Sis wasn’t there, it was only me instead, and I didn’t know
I didn’t know blood would leave its stain

I wouldn’t confess this to anyone

Still confused, what I did to deserve this life of horror and suspense
Never knowing what to expect next
Is this the last hit before Mama’s taken
 
Blubbering out all nonsense
Waking me up in the middle of the night
Breaking my back just to fix this, then go back to sleep to meet my dreams

Wish there was an antidote to change shit

Take steps back to how your health use to be
Would I have a better handle if I was older
And you’re still young

Comments

Popular Posts