On Fire

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, July 12, 2013
 
On Fire
 
Love wasn’t treating me like you did all the time
Surely if I’d stayed with you, I would be blind
 
To think I couldn’t find me better, I would get fed up
There would be no letting up, only bringing me down

Wanted control of me, Your eyes weren’t what they seemed,
So gentle, but so cold underneath,

I’ll be on my way, Getting out in a hurry,
Don’t give me that face, Nothing but ugly,

I’ve got my bags, Searching for a new day,
Called a cab to whisk me away,
You go ahead and throw your fits, Messing up your place,
I will not be staying, I’m not playing
You set me on fire, And now I’m dowsing out the flames,

I finally took a step back, Listened to intuition,
That thing sure is powerful,
I cannot believe I was here so long,

Maybe it was the threats that you said to me,
Promising I’ll never find better, And that without,
I couldn’t stand on my own two feet,

But those were lies, You’re not right,
Ima be myself tonight,

I’ll be on my way, Leaving without a trace,
Of you on my mind, Nothing but pretty,

I don’t know where it is I will land,
But it has to be better than this,
That, I’m sure of,

Never gonna let myself sink so far,
No, not again,
It wasn’t just you that broke my heart, I know…

I finally took a step back, Listened to intuition,
I cannot believe I was here so long,

Comments

Popular Posts