When I'm Awake

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, December 27, 2013
 
When I’m Awake


I go by the heart and mind, done it bout a couple times,
Thought it would never lead me astray, but that’s not the case,
 
I’m a bit lost, cause if I went by the way that they dress, the way that they glow,
The level of they success, the artificial things,
I’m sure outcome would be no better,
Where the hell am I messing up?
 
Or is it not me?
Is the problem not what it seems,
I am finding, to let go and just let life breathe, Yeah…
 
I’ve been keeping focused, looking ahead, don’t you know,
I’m just hoping to find my soul and reach my goals,
It’s gotta happen, I can't be putting in all this work, for nothing to happen, become a failure,
 
But I’m a bit lost, nothing’s happening, there is no change,
I took off to reach my dreams, but things are the same,
 
I know I must have patience,
But will that day really come?
I have big plans that must come through, Yeah…
 
This is just the shit that’s played in my mind,
To relationships to what my future holds,
 
There’s no escape, It all chases me, Until I fall asleep…

Comments

Popular Posts