Ignite


By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, July 17, 2014
 
Ignite
 
Your fire eyes made me giggle inside,
That was what I loved about you most,
You made me feel like a little child,
 
This whole demeanor you carried,
You walked into a room,
Nobody else but you,
 
Sad to say I bought it--it was fake,
You kept the true you in the closet, the door is just now opening up,
 
It is true, we are through,
We should have never been,
I made a mistake that I cannot erase,
All of the warnings, I didn't see,
Oh, how easily you played me,
 
I want you to ignite, be burned from inside,
Yes I do,
You stole something from me, So you only deserve the same too,
I’m not the only one to lose,
 
You made your rounds around,
Moved your mouth, no one else made a sound,
 
So slick with it, Made shit up to be in my head,
And still, nobody else but you,
 
Hooked around your finger--it was you,
None could tell me different, I put up a fight,
 
Compared to where you’ve been, and where you’re going,
Nowhere…
 
Once the villain, always,
Can’t seem to shake it,

Comments

Popular Posts