Night & Day


By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Night & Day
 
So much changes over the years, and they sure do go fast,
I remember when I thought those young days would always last,
Never got much pressure, all I had to do was be a kid,
 
It’s not like that anymore,
I’ve grown and been introduced to the real world,
It has come to make me so torn, torn between just what I am to believe,
 
I sure don’t know…
No more, and I am feigning to find the core,
The route of where we’re going, not even knowing,
And the days float on,
 
I used to look up at the stars, in the back of the car, on our way home,
Now I’m looking up at stars, wondering just where You are and I’m heading,
 
I’ve got a soul,
I try to listen as it whispers, but I’ve still got trouble,
Trouble figuring out what I should think,
 
Do I have a say, in this night,
Where can I hide in the day, everywhere is light,
 
It shines on what I must face,
I have to face them…
 
We are getting old, haven’t you noticed,
Sneaking up on you as soon as you’re trying to find you,
Will I ever,

Comments

Popular Posts